Dear Brothers and Sisters, all will be live, so please join us at the time and day posted.
Livestream YouTube channel:
1.Stations of the Cross – (Friday March 27th, 2020) at 5:00pm
2. Droga Krzyżowa – (Piątek Marzec 27, 2020) godzina 6:00pm
3.Spanish Stations of the Cross – (Friday March 27th, 2020) at 7:00pm
4.5th Sunday of Lent – St. Albert the Great, Burbank (English Mass, March 29, at 9:00am)
5.5 Niedziela Wielkiego Postu – Św. Albert Wielki, Burbank (Msza w języku Polskim oraz gorzkie żale, 29 Marzec, godzina 10:30am)
6. 5th Sunday of Lent – St. Albert the Great, Burbank (Spanish Mass, March 29, at 12:00pm)
Hello St. Albert the Great family,
I pray that you and your loved ones are healthy and have the resources you need amidst the current restrictions. We know these measures are designed to protect our wellbeing and that of the of our broader community and world.
Though our family of families at St. Albert the Great may be physically separated from one another right now, we are blessed with several ways we can unite in prayer and devotion. I encourage you to consider any number of the following to join as a St. Albert the Great family:
- Livestream Masses: Weekend Masses from Holy Name Cathedral, Daily Masses from St. James Chapel
Cancellation of Mass is leading to significant losses in our offertory income, which is placing all our ministries and operations at significant risk. Many people in our parish and community depend upon your regular, weekly offertory contributions and, during this current challenge, they are needed more than ever.
Please consider giving online at www.archchicago.org/offertory were you can make an offertory donation to our St. Albert the Great family and keep the vital ministries and services we provide going. Please make sure to select St. Albert the Great from the drop-down menu on the form.
If you prefer to make an offertory donation through cash or check, you may mail your envelope or bring it to the drop box in the administration building. There is a white door with a drop box slot to the far left from the main entrance.
Donacje mozna zlozyc na www.archchicago.org/offertory Prosze pamietac aby wybrac St. Albert the Great Parish. Donacje mozna wyslac poczta lub wrzucic do skrzynki ktora jest na drzwiach bialych z lewej strony drzwi glownych w administracyjnym budynku. Bog Zaplac!
Governor Pritzker has just announced a mandatory shelter-in-place order for the State of Illinois. What this means for our parishes is that effective 5 p.m. Saturday, March 21 through Tuesday, April 7:
- All churches and adoration chapels must be closed and locked until the order is lifted by the governor. Private prayer in any parish building must be discontinued until the order is lifted.
- There can be no live Stations of the Cross or any other gatherings anywhere on parish/school property, nor can any parish personnel be involved in organizing them on any other site.
- All weddings and baptisms must be postponed and can be re-scheduled only once the order is lifted. There are no exceptions to this, regardless of the size of the group. However, in case of an extreme emergency for baptism, please seek the permission of your bishop.
- Funerals and wakes must be postponed until the order is lifted.
The fact that this pandemic is occurring during our Lenten journey offers each of us important reminders about the role of faith, hope and charity in our daily lives and in whom we place our trust. I believe we are being called by Jesus Christ to a renewed sense of solidarity. This is a time for unity in prayer, not for isolation; it is a time for hope, not despair; it is a time for generosity, not self-focus. “This is how all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another” (Jn 13:35).
May God grant you peace during this difficult time and may He manifest His love and presence to you in abundant ways.
Thank you for your continued support of St. Albert the Great.
Sincerely yours in Christ,
Fr. Mariusz Nawalaniec