St. Albert the Great Music Ministry invites you to join our “Parish Choir” under the Music Direction of Mr. Rafal Woznik * (708-983-4641)
“Parish Choir” (Open to all parishioners ages 10 and up)
The choir serves our parish at the weekly 10:30 am Mass and seasonal liturgical Masses through music. Practice is on Thursday’s at 7:30pm in the administrative building.
Sacred Art and Music
Liturgy is “the participation of the People of God in ‘the work of God'”; It is the “exercise of the priestly office of Jesus” in which God is worshiped and adored and people are made holy. God begins the work of sanctifying people in time and space and brings that work to completion. Those who respond to God in worship and in service are given the privilege of becoming co-workers in the divine plan.
—From Built of Living Stones
The Church provides multiple resources to assist those who prepare and participate in the liturgical worship of the Church.
In this area, you will find materials for liturgical use from the intimacy of the “domestic church” of the home and family to the rich tradition of the Liturgy of the Hours which has been practiced through centuries by lay and clergy alike.
Because of the central importance of the Eucharist, resources that are more specifically directed to the Mass for Sunday, weekdays, and special situations are available:
- Diez preguntas sobre la influenza y la Liturgia
- Including Saints or Blessed in Diocesan Calendars
- Influenza and the Liturgy
- Liturgical Resources for a Presidential Inauguration
- Liturgical Resources for Prayer During a Crisis
- Order for the Blessing of a Victim of Crime or Oppression
- Order for the Blessing of Organizations Concerned with Public Need
- Orders for the Blessing of the Sick